Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dreams

I started really paying attention to my dreams about 11 years ago. I was having this reoccurring dream where I was in my car, always in a different place, but the breaks didn't work. I've describe that time of my life ,like being in a soap opera with out being able to see the script! So one day I was waiting to check out at the store and saw this little hand held dream interpretation book. While I was waiting I looked up the reoccuring dream I had been having. It said that dreaming your breaks didn't work meant you felt like your life was out of control. Boy did I ever. I couldn't believe how accurate the interpretation fit my life. Every since then I've been interested in what my dreams mean. I've learned thru the years that most of the time it doesn't mean anything and just watching something before I go to bed can effect my dreams. I've also learned that you can make almost any interpretation fit if you try hard enough!

I don't keep a dream journal, although I should, but I can almost always remember the best one I have each night. At least long enough to share it with my hubby. Last night I dreamed that my husband destroyed the shower in our bathroom. He broke it all to pieces and just kind of piled all the pieces together when I needed to take a shower. The water was coming out everywhere and I was just trying to find a strong enough stream to get my hair wet. I couldn't understand why he tore the shower all up!

I'm not recently having them, but over the past few years I've had 2  reoccurring dreams. Alligators and tornadoes! Always a different scenario, but either stuck in a tornado or being attacked by alligators. The tornado never hurts me tho and the alligators never get me. The neatest thing about these dreams is that I have a sister who has the same reoccurring dreams! She never gets hurt either!

Here lately I've just been having the crazy dreams! They say pregnant woman have crazy dreams. I'm sure not pregnant, so maybe I just never recovered from the last time I was.

What do you dream about?

3 comments:

  1. Lately I dream of "the next world", where I am in charge. But before that, for years, I dreamed I was on the cruise ship from hell. When I was small, even into my teens, I dreamed that I was being chased by a giant ball of twine. Sometimes now, I have very real dreams of being paralyzed- being aware, but unable to move. BUT ... Most dreams I've had all in my life are happy, as my big brother taught me when I was small how to dream my own fantasy dreams. I can usually choose a scenario, go to sleep, and finish the scenario in my dreams, however I want it to be. That's a great skill that I hope he teaches the kids. It rid me of virtually all nightmares. What an awesome brother I have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best presents I've gotten was a dream interpretation book that I got from Stacey! I dream about my teeth falling out when I get really stressed out. The dreams I hate the most are the ones that are like a continuation of my day. I just can't seem to shut my brain down. Maybe that's why I hardly sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard about the teeth falling out dream til I wrote this. You are the second person. Apparently that has something to do with being in stressful situations. I was introduced to dream totems after writing this too. Mine is an alligator of course.

    ReplyDelete