Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm so out of shape!

I started a new job this week. My first non office job.

About 2 years ago I went back to work part time after being a stay at home mom for many years. Bookkeeping is my thing and that means sitting at a desk. For hours. Instead of chasing babies all day and cleaning house, etc. I sat. And sat. And there were definitely physical changes to my body as a result. Since I'm no longer 20something I have to pay more attention now anyway, but the sitting was making it way worse.

So long story short, I no longer have an office job. I am now working part time at a bicycle shop. I know right?! I don't know anything about bicycles!

There may be a little bookkeeping in the future, but for now it's inventory and on my feet and the day just flies by. It's only 3 days in,  but I for sure know 2 things already. I'm REALLY going to like it, and I'm REALLY out of shape. I am exhausted! It's not like I'm doing a lot of heavy labor or anything, I'm just walking a lot more than I usually do. I'm not sore, I'm just more tired than usual by the end of the day! I can't believe how out of shape I am! It's a good thing riding a bike isn't a requirement!

I'm really excited about this change. Even tho it was a pay cut I'm much happier already. It's so much closer to my children's school too. And even tho I haven't learned everyone's name yet, I really like the people I'm working with.

Sitting at a desk involved some kind of readily available snack to munch on ALL day, that is no more. That is a good thing. I'm gonna wear my "butt" shoes and work it. Maybe I will be able to wear a bikini again next year afterall...

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. When we moved to TX I went from being a Librarian to working retail. Just standing/walking for an 8 hour shift can be a real strain at first.

    What kind of "butt" shoes do you have? I bought a pair of Reebok Easytones. I can't wait to put them back on when I have this baby and can actually reach my feet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Reeboks. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to let you know that I am no longer wearing the Reeboks. Actually being on my feet all day in them was killing my joints!

    ReplyDelete