Monday, February 21, 2011

The Dutch Are Coming....Maybe

I haven't blogged in FOREVER, I've just had too much stuff going on. Tonight though I'm sitting here patiently waiting on my Dutch Dudes and thought I'd drop a line or two.

The Dutch Dudes are stuck in Chicago due to a cancelled flight due to a snow storm. We are patiently waiting to see if they can get on an 8pm tonight. If not, the next one won't be til 5pm tomorrow! *fingers crossed*

Who are the Dutch Dudes? Let me introduce.

Robert is my dear friend I met MANY years ago while in DC. We had an immediate connection and although we lost touch for many years we reunited a few years ago and our families have become so close. I've spent time in Holland with his family and he has spent time in the US with mine. While in Holland a couple of years ago I met his younger brother Jordy. He has been to the States to visit twice and my daughter is in love! Granted she's only 6, but she refers to him as her boyfriend.

So Robert and Jordy are coming for a week visit. I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids! At this point I'm not sure if I should drink coffee in preparation for the late night or plan on going to work tomorrow. Right now I'm just hoping they get here. I've never been stuck at an airport but I can't imagine it's ANY fun.


The Dutch Dudes
While in Holland we spent an evening out go cart racing. It's WAY different than go cart racing in the States in case you couldn't tell from the fire suits and helmets!


No comments:

Post a Comment