Friday, October 26, 2012

Challenge

I don't think I'm an awful wife and mother, but I'm always looking for ways to improve. While I was laying her, unable to sleep, I came up with a challenge. Here's what prompted it. I'm laying in my bedroom. On the other side of the door is the living room. Where my husband is sleeping with our daughter because she was scared. At first I thought, how is is possible for a man to snore that loud?! Then I changed it to, I'm so thankful that he went and slept in the living room with our daughter. He knows I can't sleep with a kid kicking me in the face and he can sleep standing up. So when she came to our room he took her out there. He's such an awesome husband and father. This moment is one of the many things I love about him.

So here's the challenge. Write down 100 things you love about your significant other. I think it sounds easy at first, but will become more difficult to finish. This is when it becomes homework. Maybe I'll then be so focused on finishing my list and concentrating on all the things I love about him that all the little things that drive me nuts won't be so noticeable.

So give it a try. I think it will be therapeutic! Maybe you'll be able to turn some things around like I just did with the snoring. Start by naming 5 things. Share them in a comment below. Just writing, or typing, it can make you smile. I'll go first:

1. He gives the BEST hugs. Like there is nothing else on earth to be done at that very moment than hug you.
2. He is an awesomely involved father.
3. He doesn't care what I do to the house as long as he has a place to sleep.
4. He always lets me control the remote.
5. He calls me pretty girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment