Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I made a turkey!

I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but today I made a turkey! You may think it's no big deal, but I grew up in a house where we usually had ham and if we did have turkey it was bought ready to eat! I wanted to see if I could do it, but I didn't want to ruin Thanksgiving dinner if it turned out I couldn't. So today I made a little pre-Thanksgiving dinner and invited a couple of sisters/neighbors over. I only fed 12 people, but I know now that I can do it! And if I must say so myself, it was delicious!



I've been cooking ALL day, and still have lots to do tomorrow. We will start off with lunch with my husband's family and then finish the day with dinner at my parents and a game! One of the things I look forward to the most is the traditional Thanksgiving Day game at my parents house!

So, since it's Thanksgiving I thought I would share a few things that I'm thankful for....

I am thankful for my husband. Besides my children he is the best person that has ever happened to me. He really is my other half. He completes me. He is my very best friend and I miss him EVERY day when I'm away from him. I could not ask for a better father for my children.

I am thankful for my children. They are an adventure and a test everyday. Life is never boring, or quiet, with the four of them in my life. They keep me on my toes. They ARE my reason.

I am thankful for my parents. My daddy sacrificed so much for his children and always put us first. My mommy is my voice of reason and understanding.

I am thankful for my siblings. They are all SO different and all add a little spice, and occasional drama, to my life. I can't imagine not having each of them in my life. They have also given me more babies to love. And I love to love them! I am so glad we all stayed local.

I am thankful to have a job. ESPECIALLY one that is SO flexible. My children are my number one and I am able to be there when I need to be. My children don't miss me because I still take them to school and pick them up. I would of course rather be at the school all day volunteering, but in todays economy it just ain't happening!

I am thankful for my friends. I am a busy mother and I don't really have a lot of "me" time, but I know that I can occasionally call on some wonderful ladies and get together for a breakfast or dinner, and talk about our children of course!

I am thankful for the staff at my children's schools. My children have some of the very best teachers and I love getting to know them and being involved with my children's schooling. I didn't home school because I wanted a trained professional teaching them, but I do want to be involved. Their schools make that really easy and I know they care about my children.

I am thankful for my mother-in-law. She raised the most awesome son and I could never thank her enough for letting me have him. We are neighbors and she's always there for us. Be it a spur of the moment sitter while I run to get milk, or an early morning call for some coffee creamer. She really is an awesome lady that can do anything, and I mean ANYTHING! In one day she can build a rabbit hutch, work on a quilt, and make a family dinner!

I am thankful for so many other things, but those are at the top of my list. Maybe I'll do some elaborating on future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment