Sunday, April 24, 2011

Negative Baby Fever

Friday night I kept my niece, 2, and nephew, 10 months. My 4  children were home of course, so that makes 6. Crazy? No way. I made a WONDERFUL trade. I traded my sister nights of babysitting children. Now she's going to keep my kids the night before my birthday. This is EXTRA wonderful because my mom has already volunteered to keep them the night of my birthday. If you haven't figured it out, that's AN ENTIRE WEEKEND!!! My mom is going to get the kids from my sister so I won't see them from Friday night to Sunday afternoon! WOW! Unless I'm mistaken that has not happened in almost 8 years! I'm so excited!

As much as I love my nieces and nephews, I was not upset when they left. The baby goes to sleep good, he just doesn't stay asleep good. When you have babies you are more conditioned to the getting up. I was SO tired. Somewhere in my delirious tiredness I then volunteered to also keep my other 1 and  6 year old nephews while my other sister went to the store. That makes 8. Crazy? Well yeah, but the baby was having a nap so it wasn't too bad.

This weekend made me more thankful than ever that I don't have babies anymore. My children will ALWAYS be my babies, but I'm so glad they can wipe their own butts and talk. I officially have negative baby fever!

This weekend also reminded me how lucky I am to have such a wonderful man to share parenting with. He loves our nieces and nephews just as much as I do. They are ALL our babies! He happily helps take care of them when they are here and even gets up with them at night like he did, and does, our own. I'm a lucky girl living a lucky life!

And of course, HAPPY EASTER! I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their families today celebrating, or not celebrating, in your own special way. 

1 comment: