Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm back!!

Things over the last month or so have been hectic to say the least!

Ball season has started. Baseball that is, and that means LOTS of running for us. All 3 of my boys play on a multi-park league. Some of these parks are an hour away from each other! Some nights we have 3 games at the exact same time at 3 different parks! WE LOVE IT! Every year as spring approaches I can't wait for baseball to start. As summer approaches I can't wait for it to end!!!

There have been all kinds of things occupying my time but the one that stuck out the most occurred 2 weeks ago. 16 days to be exact. My baby turned 5! A WHOLE hand! Never again will I have a baby that is less than a hand old! I shed lots of tears over this one! I BEGGED him to stay 4! He refused!

We had an awesome party at the park and the weather was PERFECT! Warm, but not too hot. We got a pavilion with it's own little playground right by the bathrooms and it was too much fun! The best part, I think, was mine and Daddy's gift. We got the ice cream truck to come! We don't have ice cream trucks out where I live so the kids didn't know what was going on at first! The guy pulled up playing his music and the kids just kinda stopped and stared. Once they figured it out it was on! It was great!

My kids are now 5, 6, 7, & 14. How did that happen? My 14 year old is studying to get his driver's permit. WHAT?! I don't think I'll be able to handle riding with him so I've designated Daddy to be in charge of that. I can't even handle riding with my husband. If we go somewhere as a family I drive. I think I would flip out if my son was driving!

We also got our garden all the way in this past week. We have a pretty big garden so it takes a few days/weeks to get it all in from breaking ground to seed. This year we have white and red onions, bell peppers, burpless and pickling cucumbers, straight neck squash, tomatoes, and okra! I can't wait to start pickling and making salsa! YUMMY!

1 comment: