Monday, June 27, 2011

Brody's Story

Today is my second oldest's birthday. He is 8! I can't believe it! It took us almost 3 years to get him and those years seem like they took FOREVER, but I blinked and now 8 years have passed. I sometimes refer to Brody as my handfull child. He is SO full of energy, but it's one of the things I love about him. He is alwasy such the comedian, even tho his timing can be way off. He's just so full of joy! He brings us so much joy. All my children hold a special place in my heart and have their own special story. Here's Brody's.

My husband and I were married almost 11 years ago. As a matter of fact it will be 11 years on Friday, July 1st! We knew we wanted to add to our family as soon as possible and became pregnant on our honeymoon. Unfortunatley that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. As difficult as that was, we found comfort in the fact that we believed we would one day meet that child. We decided for whatever reason it just wasn't the right time and we would have to wait a while longer. 

The next few years were tough. After some drug therapy, lots of tests, and a minor surgery, we were finally pregnant! It was Oct 27 when we found out. We were 4 days away from our first appointment at the infertility clinic. When you're trying to get pregnant EVERYONE tells you to stop thinking about it. It got to the point where I wanted to punch people in the face when they said that. But I have to admit that I think that's the key. Once my doctor pretty much gave up and sent us to the infertility clinic I think we quit thinking about it. We had decided that we just weren't going to be able to do it on our own. Then voila!

So I was really nervous for a couple of months, but everything seemed to be fine. We were super happy! We were finally going to get to meet the child we'd waited so long for.

Once we found out it was a boy the name game began! My husband was named after Bart Maverick. So we knew we wanted to name him Maverick. We already had an Eric tho so we made that the middle name. Not sure where we got Brody, but it fits him perfect! Brody Maverick.

I was scheduled to be induced on June 27th, but 2 hours before we were to leave for the hospital my water broke. It was time!

A few hours into labor we had a huge scare! The baby was in distress. They kept moving me around and down playing it. My wonderful husband was freaked out but stayed so calm and kept me from freaking out. Turns the baby's cord was around his neck. Luckily everything turned out okay.

I spent EVERY day of his life with him until he started school. EVERY SINGLE DAY! Brody is such a wonderful little boy. He is such his own person and I love all his little quirks. He has become quite the artist and is always trying to be Mr. Funnyman. I just love him so much, as  I do all my kids of course. I've already got one kid that has outgrown cuddling and I know that Brody is getting close, so I squeeze him extra tight when he lets me. 

He's an 8 year old little boy and can definitely play the part. He can get mouthy, bossy with the younger ones, he argues, etc. On the other hand he can be so sweet and helpful, and here lately he's been doing what he's supposed to with no argument. Like brushing his teeth and getting in bed at bedtime. He just does it now. It's quite refreshing!

So today I took off work and we had a special lunch and went bowling. Afterwards it was dinner and shopping with G-Ma and G-Dad. The dinner and shopping is a tradition my parents started a few years ago. Next to the party it is the kid's favorite part about their bday. They start asking weeks in advance when they'er going. They get to pick where to eat and where to shop. It's good times!

So Happy Birthday to my Brody Wody! I love you SO SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment