Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yard Sale

We had a yard sale on the compound this weekend. I've discovered I have a love/hate relationship with yard sales. Also known as garage sales, tag sales, rummage sales, or whatever.

I love to go to them. I love finding that perfect something that I didn't even know I was looking for. It is a rare occurance now that I even get to go. You know with the kids, and work, and ball schedules and everything. I guess I could go more often if I wanted to have kids in tow, but that would zap all the fun!

After this weekend I've discovered that I hate having one. It's A LOT of work! So much so that when I was asked a few weeks ago if I wanted to do one I said no. But then I found out there was oging to be one anyway, so I got some stuff gathered up and tagged to go in it. We did okay, but I'm SO glad I didn't put that much effort into it, AND I think I've decided I don't want to participate in one again! Okay, I still would, but it sure would be nice if I felt like you got a little pay back for all the work.

Having that said, and not to seem to crabby, but since when do people not like free stuff? We decided after the end to just give it all away. NOT ONE TAKER! We posted on FB even! Lots of good stuff, working tvs, baby clothes, grown up clothes, furniture, all kinds of stuff for FREE!!!

Anyhooo.....that's what's on my mind tonight....

Hope everyone has a wonderful summer!

2 comments:

  1. Winter do you know what is funny? We were on our way home from Petit Jean going down hwy 10 near your house when I read that you were giving away stuff, and if I had anywhere to put it i would have been all over that! LIBBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you!! I love spending a leisure afternoon with my girlfriends going to estate sales and rummage sales. The yearly rummage sale that my building does is hard, hard and, did I mention hard? Good for you for having one, though.

    ReplyDelete