Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Creeps Me Out!

The idea of Santa doesn't creep me out. I love the idea of Santa. What creeps me out are icky old me who want little kids to comes sit in their laps. Think about it for a minute. Would you want to sit in the lap of some old guy you've never met?

When my oldest was about 9 months old we took him to see Santa. HE FREAKED OUT! I don't blame him! I would freak out too if I had to sit in some old guys lap that I didn't know. ICK!

That was 13 years ago. It was the first and last time I ever took a child to see Santa. Don't get me wrong, I don't think anything bad about parents who do take their kids to see Santa. I just don't take my kids. 

We used to have a friend that would dress up as Santa for our family Christmas party. That didn't creep me out at all. I guess because I knew him. But we teach our kids not to talk to strangers, etc. Then we want them to sit with a stranger, have a little talk, and have your picture taken. And have smelled some of these Santas?!

So anyway, I think the pics of the kids sitting with Santa are all kinds of precious, but I won't have any of my kids this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment